Nestled in the heart of Potomacâs Golden Horseshoe along the aptly dubbed âMillionaireâs Mileâ stretch of River Road is a grand Neoclassical Revival constructed by and for celebrated master builder David Niroo and world-renowned interior designer Haleh Niroo of Haleh Design. Reminiscent of the finest European palaces, Villa Riviere introduces the fortress-like construction and meticulous workmanship of a bygone era to the modern age, creating a true home of distinction at the intersection of unparalleled quality and state-of-the-art technology. Wrought-iron gates automatically part to reveal a meandering paver driveway, which terminates at the elegant limestone facade crowned by a natural slate roof and rotunda vis-Ã-vis the ones topping Italyâs most legendary basilicas. Beyond the oversized glass and wrought-iron front doors evokes grandeur and presence only shared by the aforementioned cathedrals. Greeted by soaring heights, a marble-clad double staircase, Corinthian columns, an oversized Swarovski chandelier, and a ceiling mural, which would not look out of place if done by Michelangelo himself, the grand foyer introduces a truly special residence equally apt at accommodating large-scale entertainment or casual domestic living. It is this effortless transition that truly sets the home apart. The double-height formal living room, for example, boasts a wall of Palladian windows, a full-height limestone fireplace, and elaborate moldings, ideally suited for influential gatherings. In contrast, although grand in scale, the family room establishes itself as an intimate place to watch the television or curl up with a novel, with custom built-ins and direct outdoor access. The gentlemanâs library is a dignified space, with full paneling and a world map painted on the ceiling. Meanwhile, the chefâs kitchen boasts inviting cream-colored cabinetry, limestone Versailles pattern flooring, and all the most modern, top-of-the-line appliances. The main level ownerâs suite would be suitable for a monarch, with its soaring ceilings enhancing the flow of natural light through oversized windows. Similarly, the ownerâs bath features heated marble floors, a column-framed soaking tub, and exquisite separate vanities with a dedicated makeup station, all topped by a stunning blown glass chandelier imported from Murano, Italy. The secondary bedrooms could be classified as primary suites, featuring balconies, fireplaces, separate soaking tubs, and countless other features. The ethereal walkout lower level is its own self-sufficient residence, with a large recreation room, circular bar, professional wine cellar and a full-service kitchen. The private home cinema is of commercial quality and harkens back to the golden age of Hollywood, even including dedicated bar seating. Out back, the full-width limestone terrace gracefully descends to the patio area via an elegantly flared staircase. Meanwhile, the lap pool introduces a spectacularly flat grassy expanse, as with all Great European country estates. Behind the scenes, commercial-grade mechanical, audio, and visual systems, including a full Lutron lighting suite, allow total control anywhere on the planet and augment the fortified steel-framed construction implemented in all Niroo estates. Bringing global influences on a gentle knoll surrounded by scenic vistas in close-in Potomac, 9300 River Road is a home of no compromises and one of the great estates of the Capital Region.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
8 Full/4 Half
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public Water S
Stone, Other Construction
18,900 sq. ft
Yes - 4 spaces
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Exercise Room, Library, Media, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Butler Pantry, Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Humidifier, Ice Maker, Instant Hot Water, Intercom System, Microwave, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Washer, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Marble, Wood
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone
- Gas Heat. Forced Air, Zone.
- Full, Full Finished, Entrance Outside, Walkout
- Insulated, Bay Window(s), Casement, Double Pane, Palladian Windows, Screened
- 6. Mantle, Gas Burning.
- Elevator, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Alarm, TV Entry System, Security Gate, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Elevator, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Sauna, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors, Fire Alarm System, Fire Sprinklers, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Private, Paved Driveway.
- Stone, Other
- Deck, Patio
- Undergound Lawn Sprinkler
- Slate, Copper
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Tennis Court, Landscaped, Trees, Atrium. Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Level, Premium, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price