An impressive historically registered home, "The Gables" of Lawyers Hill offers a private 1.7 acre treed setting. Originally built pre-Civil War by the prominent Howard County Dorsey family as a vacation home, and neighboring Patapsco Park, the winding, circular drive, lush gardens, scenic pathways, historically noted cedar gazebo, custom grill area, heated inground pool, and studio/exercise room in the detached cedar post & beam 2-story garage, keep with the time honored feeling of retreat & relaxation. Authentic exterior features include 4 covered porches, wood siding, copper gutters & slate roof. A well-designed interior features a unique blend of formal & casual living spaces with original hardwood flooring, imported European light fixtures and window dressings in every room. The main level showcases 4 different original wood burning fireplaces with charming period mantels. Easy living comes with a generously sized great room, large office with built-ins, 2 dining rooms, den/play room with built-ins, cloak room, laundry room, modern kitchen with Amish made cherry cabinets, SS appliances, Corian counters & charming breakfast room. A versatile upper level offers 7 bedrooms including a private master suite which can easily be used as in-law/au-pair suite, as well as a 2nd master bedroom with attached sitting room. 3 full baths with claw foot tubs, a sewing/hobby room and additional bedroom/storage room complete the upper level. A lower level hosts an impressive workshop & full bath with walk-in shower just steps from the pool. Sale includes 2 development rights valued at $40,000 each, a natural gas line used for heated pool, 3 well pumps used for filling pool & watering lawn/gardens. This registered Historic home qualifies for both state & county tax credits for approved interior & exterior improvements. HOA has no mandatory fee! Please be considerate and do NOT drive or walk down the driveway without a scheduled showing appt....Thank you!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, Traditional
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Electric Water Heater
Other Construction, Frame, Wood Siding, Stone
7,014 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, Natural Gas
Howard County Public School System
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Sitting Room, Foyer, Office, Breakfast Room, Attic, Hobby Room
- Country Kitchen
- Range/Oven Built-in, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Double Oven, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer, Ice Maker
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Concrete, Other
- Window Air Conditioning, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Oil. Radiators.
- Entrance Outside, Poured, Walkout Stairs, Workshop, Partially Finished
- Wood Frame
- 4. Brick, Mantle.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Built-Ins, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Window Treatment, Beamed
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway.
- Wood, Stone, Frame, Other
- Patio, Porch, Roof Deck
- Slate, Asphalt
- Pool Description
- Heated, In-ground
- Lot View
- Partial, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Grill - Outdoors, Playground, Landscaped, Side Yard, Trees, Back Yard, Front Yard. Landscaping, Private, Sideyard(S), Trees/Wooded, Rear Yard, Front Yard.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)