Historic Glen Mary Farm. First time available in 42 years. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity to own a magnificent piece of history. This 200 acre farm has had only 2 owners over the last 90 years or so. With 7 homes and 5 barns, including stables, you will have plenty of room to create whatever your heart desires. Whether it be a very private, family escape, an agri-tourism business, a horse boarding business, a crop or cattle farm or anything you can dream of, this is the place! The original farm was established and the original home was built in 1654 as part of the first permanent English settlement in Maryland and only the third English permanent settlement in the New World. The Ark & The Dove landed on the near by shores as Lord Calvert & Father Andrew White discovered Maryland in the 1630's. The main house beautifully captures the history of the property with many original elements and has also been enlarged and updated over the years to give you plenty of space for everyone and all the modern conveniences you want today. The property also includes 6 other living structures, for a total of 7 houses. 3 are livable today and 3 are in need of renovations. Next to the main house is the Annex. Which is a 5 bedroom, 3 bath house. There is also the Duck House, the Log Cabin, the Cottage and an old barn that has been turned into 2 apartments. We haven't even gotten to the roughly, 1 mile of waterfront shoreline with deep water. Park your yacht at the end of your pier. You & your guests can take a moonlight cruise, go fishing, crabbing, swimming and so much more. Or just enjoy the incredible pastoral views that lead your eyes down to the water as you take it all in from your covered patios or pool side deck. When the family used to board horses, they would board up to 30 horses at a time. The perfect kitchen was remodeled to give you all the modern luxuries a property like this deserves. The possibilities are endless!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Other, 2 Story
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Other, We
13,691 sq. ft
Saint Marys City
Other, Electric service available
St. Mary's County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Office, Mud Room, Florida Room, Attic
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Range-Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Freezer, Ice Maker, Wall Oven, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Washer
- Central Air, Window Air Conditioning, Electric, A/C - Other
- Oil. Central.
- 6. Wood-burning.
- Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- Driveway, Private, Unpaved.
- Patio, Porch, Brick
- Pool Description
- Filtered, Child safety fence, In-ground
- Lot View
- Panoramic, River, Water, Other, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Body of Water
- St. Mary's River
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Water Front, Private Dock, Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Sport Court, Tennis Court, Paddock, Side Yard, Fishing. No Thru Street, Open, Partly Wooded, Poolside, Private, Rural, Secluded, Sideyard(S), Other.
- Community Amenities
- Horse Trails
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price