Welcome to this modern architectural gem, designed for LEED Platinum certification, in the Town of Kensington. This spectacular, unique home features reclaimed, recycled, and repurposed materials throughout the house. There are green materials and systems like solar panels which account for 90 percent of home energy needs along with energy credits back to the owner, permeable pavers on the driveway, roof deck off the owner's suite, rainwater cistern for watering the gardens, and a 24 SEER rated heat pump. Note the numerous reclaimed materials like maple wood floors from a school gym, interior doors including barn doors with original hardware, plus recycled glass details along the open stairwell, which doubles as the library. The floor plan offers wonderful circular flow and details like the large screen porch off the dining room with accordion doors for an open feeling, a large walk in pantry, a mudroom, and second floor laundry room. If you are looking for a special home with open, flexible, open living spaces, super close to the Antique Row, Farmer's Market, and MARC train station of Old Town Kensington, welcome home!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary
Electric Water Heater, Public Water Service
Wood Siding, Cedar Exterior
3,136 sq. ft
Yes -1 space
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Office, Mud Room
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Microwave, Double Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Stove, Appliance Center, Washer, Energy Star
- Hardwood, Slate, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air.
- Entrance Outside, Walkout, Partial
- 2. Wood-burning.
- 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Wood Floors
Exterior / Lot Features
- 1 Carport Spaces. Unpaved.
- Wood, Cedar
- Patio, Porch, Enclosed, Balcony
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)