One-of-a-kind Contextual Contemporary home sited in Lyon Village on a wooded 1/3 acre lot just blocks to the heart of Clarendon. Meticulously designed by architect Berny Hintz, this 1990 home with symmetrical lines, masterfully adapts to its surroundings, sitting on steel columns, barely disturbing the grounds. The house does more than sit on the site; it extends out and becomes one with it. Functional as well as breathtaking this home constructed of steel beams provides 3100 square feet of living space with 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms and ample space to expand inside and out. The inviting open floor plan of the living level offers gleaming hardwood floors, 10 ft ceilings, a spacious living room with fireplace shared with the adjoining dining room, kitchen with desk area, ample custom cabinetry, stainless appliances, two sinks, screened-in porch with Ipe flooring, two decks and a powder room. The bedroom level affords a private primary suite, with walk in closet, private deck, spa like bathroom with two vanities, soaking tub, shower, water closet and tray ceiling with hidden lighting. Also, on this level are two additional bedrooms, one with a built-in desk, a full bathroom and laundry room. The guest suite with full bath, cabinets, refrigerator and private balcony shares a level with a study with built in book shelves, perfect for working from home. Some of the many special features of this home include over 80 windows and decking on every level inviting the outdoors in, a hidden loft above the trees perfect for an artist studio or star gazing, cable and steel railings, new Karastan carpeting, a skylight illuminating the living room from the upper level deck, outdoor deck with gas fireplace, gas hook up for grill, 2 storage sheds, landscape lighting and a heated driveway.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Contemporary
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public Water S
Stucco - Synthetic
3,100 sq. ft
Arlington County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Loft
- Dining Area
- Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Gas Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Self-Cleaning Oven, Wall Oven, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone
- Gas Heat. Zone, Central.
- Double Pane, Casement, Screened, Skylights
- 2. Gas Burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, High Ceiling, Tray, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- Street Parking.
- Synthetic Stucco
- Deck, Porch, Screened-in
- Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Sidewalks, Street Lights, Trees. Trees/Wooded, No Thru Street, Cul-De-Sac.
Data Provided by Onboard
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: mdbmls-p: Bright MLS (Portal)