This brief description can't adequately capture the majesty of this property. Please inquire with the agent for more detailed information. Your own breathtaking Italian villa nestled on historic Civil War property in the lush Maryland countryside. Painstakingly created with handcrafted, reclaimed, and imported European materials and designâfrom the expansive cobblestone piazza, to the elegant salon hosting an authentic Bluthner grand pianoâthis romantic palazzo is the dream home for any lover of Italyâwhether through your heritage or your soul. More than a home, Signal Tree is an homage to the exquisite warmth and history of Italia -built to evoke a borgo -an Italian hilltop village that expanded over centuries, merging buildings with diverse uses and architectural styles into a single luxurious home. As you approach the front of the property, cruising over ancient, repurposed cobbles, you pass through massive wrought-iron gates, bringing your new palazzo into view -a striking, unequaled gem -entirely custom built, the stuff of fantasies. You are greeted by imported twin Italian Corinthian limestone columns and antique pavers, set into a breathtaking three-story tower. To your right, a second courtyard that houses both the two-car & three car garagesâperfect to hold the classic car collection of your dreams -and your three car garage is temperature controlled with heat and air, plus hot and cold water. Through your grand front entrance -Medieval -style "doors-within-a-door" hung on exquisite gold-plated hinges, handcrafted by the renowned master woodworker Nick Bruford of Artisans du Boisâthe virtuoso who envisioned and carved nearly one hundred stunning interior and exterior doors for the property. Crossing the threshold of your entry hall, you are greeted by ancient terra cotta tile, set in the pattern of Cerasi Chapel of Santa Maria del Popolo church in Rome. Look closely at the tile--you will see the handprints of the artisans who crafted them centuries ago, preserved in the clay, creating a rich, inimitable patina. The stately two-story hall features stencils from the gracious homes lining the enchanting canals of Venice. To your right, the dining roomâyou will feel like you are dining al fresco any time of the yearâlook up to see the whimsical coffered ceiling containing a hand-painted vista of fluffy white clouds in a clear blue sky. To the left, the living room, featuring the first of four wood-burning fireplaces with a 500-year-old Italian volcanic stone mantle, and a flexible space containing the 8-foot concert piano -and perfect acoustics -to host performances for up to 120 guests. For the chef in the family, a warm, rustic-style kitchen -housing the most modern professional grade appliances -leading to an eight person breakfast area, and on to a screened in porch, complete with fireplace. On to the two-story family room with a quaint, rebuilt antique woodstove. Opposite is the two-story library, evoking the famous libraries of Europe, with cozy reading room, and plentiful built-in bookcases. Lest you need a glass of Barolo while you read, the area connects to a wet bar with all the amenities. The adjacent office suite opens onto its own balcony and contains an assistant's room, plus powder room--with a centuries-old Italian fountain remade into a wash basin. On to the master suite, with sitting area, fireplace, two walk-in closets, his/ hers bathrooms -featuring a lucky dolphin motif -which will inspire you to take a swim. As you head through "The Temple", your room for reflection and relaxation, you discover your indoor lap pool complete with marble Turkish bath. Moving to the second floor from one of your 3 staircases, you come upon the second-floor lounge, the studio, and four more bedroomsâthe independent suite, the starry sky bedroom, the green bedroom, & the belfry bedroom -complete with 300 pound bronze bell. This is a homestead in which generations can gather to celebrate!!!!!!!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Villa
10 Full/4 Half
Hot Water Heater, Other, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
Stone, Other Construction
26,698 sq. ft
Yes - 5 spaces
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Inlaw Suite, Workshop, Exercise Room, Utility Room, Attic
- Studio Efficiency
- Dining Area, Formal
- 2nd Kitchen, Butler Pantry, Country Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island, Kitchenette
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Cooktop Downdraft, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Washer, Stacked Washer/Dryer, Instant Hot Water
- Hardwood, Slate, Concrete, Other, Stone
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Other. Other, Zone.
- Full, Heated, Walkout, Full Finished, Walkout Stairs
- Stained Glass, Casement, Double Pane
- 7. Mantle, Stone, Wood-burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J, 36 Inch Or More Wide Halls, Main Level Entry, Other, Elevator, Ramp - Main Level, Entry Level Bedroom.
- 24 Hour Security, TV Entry System, Monitor System, Security System, Alarm -Smoke/Fire
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Sauna, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, wine storage, Wood Floors, Elevator, Curved Stair, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Beamed, Vaulted, Tray
Exterior / Lot Features
- 5 Garage Spaces. Paved Driveway, Private, Stone Driveway, Unpaved, Lighted.
- Stone, Other
- Patio, Porch, Roof Deck, Screened-in
- Tile, Pitched
- Pool Description
- Heated, In-ground, Indoor
- Private Spa
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Other, Scenic, Pasture, Pond
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Flood Lights, Out Building, Playground, Landscaped, Back Yard, Atrium. Landscaping, Open, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Secluded, Other.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price