Remodeled and expanded 6BR/3.5BA brick and stucco colonial with Tudor accents and two-car garage, sited on a premium private 1/2 + acre lot, in the much-desired neighborhood of Highlands of Darnestown. This original model was expanded by nearly 50% with a dramatic two-story great room and music room/office additions with loft above to now offer approximately 5,500 square feet total including over 3,500 square feet above grade plus a rear screened-in porch and fully finished basement. Professional landscaping with stone beds, double decks flanking screened-in porch, paver patio with privacy trellis, Koi pond, and playhouse in the glorious rear yard compliment the exterior of the property. Special Inside features include three fireplaces, hardwood flooring throughout most of the main and upper levels, recessed lighting, cathedral ceiling, skylights, and detailed moldings. Cobblestone walkway and front stoop to foyer entry with designer tile flooring; remodeled powder room with hardwood flooring; living room with tons of natural light flows into music room/office addition with spiral staircase to upper loft; French doors lead into two story great room with cathedral ceiling, floor to ceiling flagstone fireplace, recessed lighting, two skylights, bay window and French door to deck; gourmet kitchen with designer tile flooring, recessed lighting, walk-in pantry, beverage station with bar sink, breakfast area, and separate workstation area; French doors to screened-in porch with cathedral ceiling, skylights and exits to wraparound decks and patio; separate dining room with fireplace; mudroom with laundry at garage door entrance; upper-level landing with hardwood flooring, master bedroom suite with walk-in closet and ceramic tile master bath with new quartz vanity, walk-in shower and separate soaking tub; four additional bedrooms and a ceramic tile hall bathroom on the upper level; access to upper-level loft overlooking great room; lower level with recreation room, recessed lighting, flagstone wet bar, hobby/craft room, game room with wood stove and walk-out stairs, sixth bedroom and third full bath; great sized storage area. Recent architectural and mechanical updates include an architectural shingle roof, newer thermal replacement windows, and upgraded Trane heat pumps. Conveniently located in Darnestown with easy access to Potomac Village to the South and Kentlands/Lakelands retail shopping and restaurants just minutes away.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, Public Wa
5,009 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Highlands Of Darnestown
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Foyer, Loft, Utility Room, Breakfast Room, Hobby Room
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen
- Cooktop Downdraft, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Ice Maker, Microwave, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Refrigerator, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air.
- Full Finished, Heated, Walkout
- Bay Window(s), Skylights, Screened
- 3. Mantle, Stone, Wood Stove.
- Additional Interior Features
- Bar, Breakfast Area, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Paved Driveway.
- Deck, Patio, Screened-in, Porch
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Landscaped, Back Yard. Landscaping, Rear Yard.
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS