There is a warm country feel to Merry-go-Round Farm, home to 81 homes on 204 lush acres off River Road in Potomac, MD. Contributing to that feel are the nine miles of walking trails with breathtaking views of the Potomac River, a horse farm, tennis courts, three private lakes, access to the C&O Canal Park. A gracious covered entry welcomes you to one of Merry-Go-Round Farm's largest and loveliest homes. Designed by renowned local architect Jim Rill and built in 2008, this home features about 10,000 finished square feet on a beautiful one-acre lot. Evening Ride Way is a wonderful tree-lined street of just four homes each of which is sited and built to take advantage of wonderful private views overlooking a serene pond and mature trees from every window. Covered wraparound terraces enhance the enjoyment of the community's natural beauty. The meticulously designed interior features of this "better-than-new" home include soaring ceilings, outstanding millwork, Brazilian cherry floors, and an excellent floor plan, suitable for entertaining and comfortable family living. There are seven bedrooms and seven full Bathrooms and a Powder Room on four finished levels, including two primary suites. The welcoming Foyer opens to a spacious Dining Room with deep moldings, recessed lighting, cross-beamed ceiling, and crystal chandelier with matching wall sconces. Four windows fill the room with light and offer a wonderful view of the delightful back yard. Accessible from the Foyer are the Living Room and Study, the latter of which has two sets of French doors leading to two covered terraces. Spanning the back of the house is the Gourmet Kitchen and light-filled breakfast area with doors to a covered terrace. Even the most discerning chef will appreciate the cream cabinetry; two separate islands; Viking range with six gas burners, griddle, and pot filler; hammered copper farm sink with disposal; and two Miele dishwashers. The Kitchen opens to the Family Room on one side and Dining and Living Rooms on the other, perfect for largeÂ scale entertaining. To top it off, there is a delightful, spacious Mudroom with two closets, cabinet storage, cubbies with hooks, and exits to the front of the house and to the attached two-car garage. A main-level Bedroom with En-Suite Bath finishes this level nicely. The upper level has four bedrooms and three full baths, including an expansive Primary Suite. The Primary Bedroom has a gas fireplace and large, organized walk-closet with built-in organizers. The Primary Bathroom has an oval whirlpool tub; an oversized, fully tiled stall shower with two shower heads and custom glass door; and a long vanity with two sinks, mirrors, and lighting above. In addition to a private Primary Sitting Room, another large, newly carpeted room could serve as an Exercise Room, Home Office, or upstairs Family Room. Surrounding the additional three bedrooms, one with an Ensuite Full Bathroom and the other two sharing a large bathroom with whirlpool tub and separate shower, is an Informal Lounge. A Laundry Room is conveniently located on the second level as well. An added bonus is a cozy private Loft with wonderful views on the fourth level. The Walkout Lower Level is an unexpected special feature of this home. Echoing the same attention to detail and quality evident in the upper levels is a large, beautiful Great Room with adjacent Study with separate entrance; an elegant Dining Room; fabulous Kitchen with center island and separate eating area, Thermador Cooktop, double Jenn-Aire wall ovens and side-byÂ side refrigerator/freezer. A second Primary Bedroom Suite has a fireplace, large walk-in closet, Sitting Room, and Ensuite Full Bathroom with two water closets. A fabulous space for guests or extended family. Additional finished space could be used for an Exercise Room and Office. The bedroom could also be used as an additional office, if desired. There is a separate entrance as well as an attached two-car Garage on this level.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
6 Full/1 Half
Gas Water Heater, Public Water Service
Other Construction, Block, Cedar Exterior, Concrete, Mixed, Shingle
8,903 sq. ft
Yes - 4 spaces
Merry Go Round Farm
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Sitting Room, Exercise Room, Foyer, Loft, Office, Utility Room, Mud Room, Breakfast Room
- Formal, Dining Area
- 2nd Kitchen, Island, Gourmet Kitchen
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Humidifier, Ice Maker, Gas Range/Cooktop, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Trash Compactor, Washer
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Other, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Other, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat.
- Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside
- Bay Window(s), Double Pane
- 3. Mantle, Marble.
- Other, Entry Level Bedroom.
- Alarm, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Curved Stair, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Wood Floors, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Chair Rail, Crown Molding, wine storage, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Beamed, High Ceiling, Tray
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces. Private.
- Cedar, Shingle, Other, Concrete
- Patio, Deck, Balcony, Wrap-around Porch
- Lot View
- Lake, Panoramic, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting. Backs - Open Common Area, Backs To Trees, Cul-De-Sac, Premium.
- Community Amenities
- Basketball Courts, Common Grounds, Horse Trails, Lake, Non-Lake Recreational Area, Recreational Center, Picnic Area, Reserved/Assigned Parking, Riding/Stables, Tennis Courts
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price