The Grand Dame of Copenhaver Welcome to this Georgian antique brick custom colonial perfectly situated at 11 oâclock on Exchange Court South in Potomac, Maryland. All new construction as of 2007 and built by the Haines companies under the guiding hand of Mike Roberson, no detail was missed in craftsmanship and quality. Offering seven bedrooms and 5 1/2 bathrooms this home provides multi generational living opportunities with a level walk out backing to Copenhaverâs 9 acre private park. As you approach the front door from the extended front porch replete with four grand wooden columns, oversized antique style carriage lamps, and down lights for perfect presentation in the evening, you enter through a custom mahogany front door with lead beaded glass windows. The foyer is set with Jerusalem gold oversized flooring, four piece crown molding, and an oversized alabaster center light set in brass. As you move to the left youâll discover a Christian Parks antique pine mudroom with five drawers and hooks and shelves and electrical outlets as well as an absolute black counter and drop in undermount ceramic farm sink with antique brass faucet for washing shoes that may have gotten just a little too much dirt from playing in the park. :) Entrance to the garage which has been freshly painted and has elpha system shelving. Large bright southward and eastward facing family room with field stone fireplace w/oversized arched box and herringbone back wall with gas rough-in. Reclaimed wide plank hardwood flooring has a natural knotty style. Two sliding glass doors lead out to the upper slate patio and with exceptional southern and eastern views of Copenhaver park The grand kitchen has a center island with absolute black countertops that are extra thick and that sit on custom made DeCora cabinetry. A second sink drop in with an updated faucet and two tiered counter with space for barstools. A wolf six burner range with a Ventahood high-end cubic displacement system that allows cooking with oils and other demanding styles. A limestone countertop which has been sealed sits on abundant cabinetry in both the kitchen and butlers pantry. The kitchen boasts an undermount deep kitchen sink, subway tile backsplash, and mahogany finished cherry cabinets, Subzero refrigerator, two Miele ovens and a Miele warming drawer, two Miele dishwashers, grand pendant lights and a ceiling mounted antique finished brass chandelier will convey. The Butlerâs pantry offers a large deep pot filling sink with a reverse osmosis water filter, subway tile with Delft insert tiles and two swinging doors leading into the very sizable separate dining room that seats 12 comfortably. The expansive living room also has another fireplace with a gas starter. An open music room houses a grand piano and is ideal for entertaining but also provided privacy via the glass pocket doors from the foyer. First floor powder room is beautifully finished with Thibault grass cloth wall paper, custom sink vanity with marble top. Special features central vacuum, whole house entertainment system including speakers and individual controls in multiple spaces, and a whole house water filtration system, a cherry Brunswick billiards table and a Champion Shuffleboard which are negotiable. The movie room includes a 96 inch onyx projection home theater screen which has a Sony HD projector. High end electronics that drive the whole house system including the home theater are Russound, Yamaha, Samsung, Denon are negotiable Thanks The bar area has a ball peen hammer copper sink with reverse osmosis water filter and separate faucet. Cabinetry is Cherry. The features are too numerous to count here and must be seen in person to be fully appreciated. Feel free to call the listing agent with any questions you may have. Welcome and Enjoy!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial, Georgian
5 Full/1 Half
Tankless Water Heater, Gas Water Heater, Public Wa
Brick, Hardi Plank
6,038 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
THOMAS S. WOOTTON
Detailed Room Information
- 2nd Kitchen, Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Microwave, Central Vacuum, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Double Oven, Range Hood, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Dispenser, Water Treatment System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Concrete, Carpet, Wood, Stone
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s), Attic Fan
- Gas Heat. Forced Air.
- Stained Glass, Double Pane, Low-Emittance , Screened, Skylights, Wood Frame
- 3. Gas Burning, Wood-burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J, Low Pile Carpeting.
- Alarm -Smoke/Fire, Security System
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Bar, Built-Ins, Crown Molding, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, wine storage, Wood Floors, Fire Sprinklers
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Concrete Driveway.
- Brick, HardeePlank
- Brick, Patio, Balcony, Porch
- Metal, Shingle, Composition Shingle
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Trees/Woods, Pond
- Split Rail
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Fire Escape, Grill - Outdoors. Backs - Parkland.
- Community Amenities
- Baseball Field, Basketball Courts, Bike Trail, Picnic Area, Tennis Courts, Tot Lots/Playground
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price