Spring is nearly here and now is the time to find the perfect DC getaway! This spectacular home is located where Stoney Creek meanders to meet the North Fork Shenandoah River. Here -the hamlet of Edinburg offering a compelling property rarely available. A storybook site across a bridge sheltered by a riparian canopy, where this quintessential red American farmhouse perches atop a verdant bluff while the backdrop of the Edinburg Gap and the Massanutten/Blue Ridge Mountains provides a brilliant, seasonal directive. Thoughtfully landscaped so as to take advantage of the awe-inspiring and thought-provoking panorama, the circular driveway pulls one through, passing a barn to left while capturing the 360 degree view. Upon approach, you are welcomed by a wraparound porch and commanding views. Once inside, an open floor plan allows for entertaining at any scale: granite kitchen with stainless steel appliances including two wall ovens, centrally located dining room with ease of table extension for dining at any level, generous master suite on the main level that provides for convenient one-level living, and a living room and sunroom appointed by a dual-sided fireplace. The kitchen is strategically designed and placed for ease of entertaining both inside at outside. Attached to the rear of the house is a covered porch that transitions to a generous pavilion, raised vegetable beds, fountain, conversation space, and firepit . 500 gallon underground propane tank (owned), whole house generator, Impression Plus water treatment system, 90 gallon water heater, four car garage, alternative septic system approved for four bedrooms, dual heating and air conditioning system.This stunning property offers tremendous privacy where it is one of only six homes on approximately 100 acres and is nestled in the middle of the Shenandoah Valley Wine Trail that extends 173 miles from Berryville in Clark County to Eagle Rock in Botecourt County. Your story starts here!
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Farmhouse
Softener Own, Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Water
3,606 sq. ft
Yes - 4 spaces
Shenandoah County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Loft, Utility Room, Mud Room, Florida Room, Attic
- Island, Gourmet Kitchen, Butler Pantry
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Freezer, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Six Burner Range, Appliance Center, Refrigerator, Washer, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Concrete
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating. Forced Air.
- Full, Full Finished, Walkout
- 1. Gas Burning, Insert, Mantle.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Attic Storage, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Combination Living/dining Room, Recessed Lights, wine storage, Wood Floors, Open Floor Plan, Walk-in Closets, 9Ft+ Ceilings
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway, Paved Driveway, Private.
- Patio, Porch, Wrap-around Porch
- Asphalt, Shingle
- Lot View
- Mountain, Panoramic, Scenic, Trees/Woods
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Landscaped. Landscaping, Private, Rural.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price